The Coalition, Inc. has partnered with the Angelina County Sheriff’s Department in an effort to prevent and reduce the harmful use of tobacco products in rural areas like East Texas, where tobacco-related health problems are more prevalent.
The Angelina County Sheriff’s Department targeted area businesses that sell tobacco. The age limit to purchase tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, is now 21, per the new guidelines from the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA). Out of the 80 attempts done in January and February, 7 citations were issued to the following businesses that sold tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, to minors.
The businesses that sold tobacco products to minors include:
· Just Smoke Vape & Smoke Center on 210 N Temple Dr, Ste A in Diboll
· Just Stop on 605 N Temple Dr in Diboll
· Dollar General Store #995 on 1707 Deans Way in Lufkin
· Big’s 3811 on 2701 N Raguet Ave in Lufkin
· New Discount Store on 501 S Timberland Dr, Ste A in Lufkin
· Brookshire Brothers #1 on 301 S Chestnut St in Lufkin
· Dollar General Store #9776 on 2606 US Highway 69 N in Lufkin
We commend those businesses who did not sell tobacco products to minors in our community. The Coalition and the Angelina County Sheriff’s Department thank all of these stores for protecting the youth of Angelina County from the dangers of tobacco and nicotine.
For a complete list of those businesses that were under compliance, or for more information, please contact The Coalition at (936) 634-9308 or email@example.com.